Monday, September 21, 2015

Camping with the Kiddos

For Labor Day weekend we met up with my family for some good old fashioned camping in Kanaraville, Ut.  My kids LOVE camping, as do I.  There's nothing like sitting around a campfire, eating camping food, going on hikes, and snuggling up at night in a warm sleeping bag.  I love it!  This trip was super fun, and a little crazy because I had to manage my 3 littles without Kev (he had to work....lame.)  Luckily my family was incredible, and helped me keep my kids in check.  Nights were a little crazy with a 1 month old, 1 1/2 year old, and 3 year old.  Lets just say, I got little sleep, but it was worth it.

We made homemade root beer, with "spooky" dry ice, for a little extra fun.

April came and snuggled in our tent during the night when Hayden was being a little booger, uhhhh, I mean.....

The whole gang.

My brothers-in-law were super helpful carrying my kids up the mountain.

Carter and Uncle Dev under the waterfall.

This hike was definitely one of Utah's hidden gems.  It was beautiful.

McKay and I climbing the waterfall ladder.

Apparently the hike was super grueling for Hayden.

Adam and Hayden climbing the ladder.

Love these people.

Glow sticks around the campfire = kid heaven.

Glow sticks in a hot tub = even better!

Hiking up to cool waterfalls.

 Grandpa Kipp playing with Carter in the waterfall.

McKay thought it sounded more fun to just take a nap.






Memories made!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so sad that we miss out on all the good times everyone is having. Oklahoma's great, but there's seriously nothing like the outdoors in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! McKay sleeping on the pile of towels - darling!

    ReplyDelete